Some days it feels like our society is falling apart.
We are told that more people are being diagnosed with depression every day
That people don’t feel safe walking out in their neighbourhood.
Bullying is on the increase, at schools, at work and online.
That loneliness is increasing
Yet we are now more “connected” than ever before.
And yet, how many of us really feel like we “belong” somewhere?
I am not talking about some fickle social clique, where you could be cast out on a whim.
I am talking about genuinely feeling like you belong somewhere?
There is an old African proverb that says
It takes a village to raise a child
And that is what we need to start doing again.
Building those villages.
Villages where people feel safe.
Villages where people respect and look out for each other.
Villages where anti-social behaviours don’t happen, because no one feels the need to “lash out” or “rebel”.
Villages where people grow and become better members of the village.
Have you seen these recent posts?
- It’s Been A While
- Do We Really Need All The University Degrees?
- Foreign Influence Isn’t What We Should Be Worried About
- When The Mail Doesn’t Arrive
- How Much We Value Other People’s Opinions – Instead Of Our Own
- Do We Need To Be Constantly Entertained?
- It Was Supposed To Happen
- When The WiFi Goes Out
- Are We Too Entitled?
- Don’t Just Say You Have Read Books