I genuinely believe that we have got it wrong when it comes to our sleeping patterns.
We shouldn’t be monophasic sleepers. (One period of sleep a day).
When kids are young they polyphasic sleepers. Which is what is needed for them to grow.
When they get older, they become biphasic sleepers, usually having an afternoon nap.
Maybe it is time to bring back the siesta.
From my own experience, having a nap during the day reduces fatigue and that fuzziness that comes on mid to late afternoon.
It also has helped me to be more creative in the afternoons too.
The other thing that I have found, is that I don’t wake up as tired in the mornings.
How much more productive would people be if they were able to have a nap during the day?
Have you seen these recent posts?
- Getting Back Into Blogging
- Beard Envy Is Real
- I’m Back. Again. I Think
- It’s Been A While
- Do We Really Need All The University Degrees?
- Foreign Influence Isn’t What We Should Be Worried About
- When The Mail Doesn’t Arrive
- How Much We Value Other People’s Opinions – Instead Of Our Own
- Do We Need To Be Constantly Entertained?
- It Was Supposed To Happen
- When The WiFi Goes Out