Just because something has always been done a particular way, doesn’t mean it is the right way to do it.
Though why do we continue to do things that way?
Is it because no one has thought of a different way to do it?
Or it is because we feel comfortable doing things a particular way?
Granted some things like cooking and shaving may need to be done a particular way, though not everything else does.
Leave a few minutes earlier for work, and walk into the coffee shop to order your coffee rather than using the drive-through.
If you can, take a different route to work.
Sit in a different seat on the bus/train/tram/ferry.
It doesn’t have to be big.
Just do something differently, and not the way it’s always been done.
Have you seen these recent posts?
- Beard Envy Is Real
- I’m Back. Again. I Think
- It’s Been A While
- Do We Really Need All The University Degrees?
- Foreign Influence Isn’t What We Should Be Worried About
- When The Mail Doesn’t Arrive
- How Much We Value Other People’s Opinions – Instead Of Our Own
- Do We Need To Be Constantly Entertained?
- It Was Supposed To Happen
- When The WiFi Goes Out
- Are We Too Entitled?