While minimalism tends to get viewed as a passing fad, I think the digital minimalism idea has a lot of merit.
The only social media app I have had on the phone I have for some time has been LinkedIn. Though I recently got rid of that too. Along with the messaging apps, and a whole lot of other less than useful apps.
While I was aware of it, I did need a reminder that there are people who are working on ways to get us to pick up and touch our phones more.
Though the point that really made me think was that “liking” something on social media doesn’t really add any value to anything.
I will admit that I have been guilty of “liking” something for the sake of “liking” it.
The same goes with adding comments for the sake of making one.
It is going to become a thing of mine to only add a comment to something I see on social media if it actually does add value to it.
Time for us to all get back to doing things that really matter, and not because some social media app wants us to do something.
Have you seen these recent posts?
- It’s Been A While
- Do We Really Need All The University Degrees?
- Foreign Influence Isn’t What We Should Be Worried About
- When The Mail Doesn’t Arrive
- How Much We Value Other People’s Opinions – Instead Of Our Own
- Do We Need To Be Constantly Entertained?
- It Was Supposed To Happen
- When The WiFi Goes Out
- Are We Too Entitled?
- Don’t Just Say You Have Read Books